Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 28 - 5 things

Today I cleaned out an area I'm afraid of: under the kitchen sink.  I'm deathly afraid of this area because it just seems like there will be roaches under there, and I am so so very afraid of roaches.

So today we have a box of Brita water filter refills with 1 left (we haven't had a Brita water filter since we lived in our apartment 3 years ago), a box of roach baits that was left behind from the previous homeowner (and we have an exterminator who puts baits out when needed), a kitchen glove that lost its partner to my staining activities, and then some trash that had found its way under there.


I also removed all the grocery plastic bags that were taking over and put them with the other bags we use for puppy poo, and also found some Swiffer wet jet refills (!!) and put them with the Swiffer.  Which just leaves the essentials, and it doesn't look nearly as scary down there.  As in, I might actually paint it (I wrote about unfinished project month here and deciding I should finish painting the inside of the kitchen cabinets...and this was one of 3 scary cabinets I STILL didn't paint the inside).  See here is the less scary after:


Moral of today's story:  less stuff = less scary.

Also!! I gave a pizza cutter and garden gloves to one of my co-workers and tried really hard to give Jay's bright green shoes away.  Doesn't that feel so communal or something?!?

No comments: