Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 25 - 5 things

Strangely, this was one of the harder things to get rid of:


Those are paint samples from choosing a color for our living room, plus some craft paints from various projects over the years.  I think for crafty people, it's hard to let go of stuff like this because you might come up with a craft that would need them!  And I like the IDEA of painting...but I am not a painter.

I ended up posting in the free section of Craigslist because I liked the idea of some local artist or student actually putting my old paint that has been sitting untouched for well over a year to good use.  The first email (I got multiple) encouraged me that this is a much more productive use for my unused items:
"I am an artist (and a freegan), so this is a great find. When can i pick up?"

I do love a good freegan.  Also note, that is 14 items!

We also took the first official trip to Goodwill today to permanently remove many of our collected items from our house.  I asked Jay if he could tell the difference in our house from all the things we've been purging.  I could tell he wanted to say yes...but not really.  This is very telling because 1) we don't even notice all this stuff is gone (ie we never needed it), and 2) we have more work to do.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

That's a great idea for paint!! I will have to remember!