Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Day 22 - 5 things

Today I hit the t-shirt bin in my closet.  I haven't really hit my closet hard, because I honestly keep a fairly lean-and-mean closet.

I purged 2 sleeveless running shirts because I prefer my assortment of lululemon running t-shirts, 2 long-sleeve running shirts that I've had for probably close to 10 years, and a vintage T that started its life at Goodwill (circle of life, people).  So I'm left with 2 long-sleeve t-shirts, 1 long-sleeve running t-shirt (because I mean really...how many do you need in Texas?), about 5 t-shirts, 1 running tank, 2 yoga tanks, and 3 running t-shirts in my shirt bin.


Also, a few reflections as I only have 2 weeks to go:
  • This is WAY TOO EASY.  Each day, it literally takes me 5-10 minutes to come up with 5 things that we can give away.  Once I got over it, I am not nearly as attached to stuff as I thought I was...which is a relief...though I've also realized the things I am attached to (and just avoiding because there are plenty of other things to get rid of).
  • We have so much stuff - as I'll post tomorrow, I have almost 20 pairs of running socks.  Who needs 20 pairs of running socks?!  It makes me think about all the time and money we've wasted on acquiring these things.
  • We need much less than we think we do.
  • I have a lot of thoughts and feelings about how all this stuff plays into religion, politics, consumerism, etc...but it's not organized enough in my head to verbalize.


No comments: