Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 27 - 5 things

I asked Jay what I should get rid of today, and he suggested shoes.  Oh boy do we have some shoes...it might be one of the only things we "collect" (I just counted mine and have over 60 pairs...but in my defense, a lot of them were free!!!!).  

I held up a pair of Reeboks and a pair of Pumas to him, and said I should only keep one since they were so similar - which one?  He went back and forth, and finally told me he was 50/50 on which I should keep.  In other words, I have 2 pairs of shoes that are so incredibly similar, we couldn't decide which to keep and which to toss (I ended up keeping the Pumas).  He pointed out that is exactly why we have to get rid of one:


Jay tossed in 3 pair:  Cole Haan driving shoes he's never worn, a pair from Zara, and some awesome green Nike ID high tops that he isn't bold enough to wear.  I also tossed in my Birkenstocks...oh how I loved my Birkenstocks in the day (I had some sandals in addition to these clogs).


In addition to all the things we've been getting rid of, I've also adopted a "use it or lose it" mentality.  So in addition to the daily 5 things, I've been burning candles, using lotions and weird flavors of toothpaste, and putting other random things to use that have been hidden away in drawers.  So it actually feels like we've purged a lot more than 135+ items.  With just over a week to go, I finally feel like there are fewer unused items lurking in drawers.

No comments: