Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 26 - 5 things

I've been reading minimalist blogs for inspiration as I minimize.  A few years ago there was a minimalist guy who decided he was going to live with only 100 things, so then there was this big fad to count your things and try to minimize from there.

I have no intention of actually being a minimalist, but I did count the things in my closet.  Or at least half my closet.  Or more like half of the hanging space in my closet.  So really only shirts and sweaters (but only the sweaters that hang...others are folded on a shelf).  So I didn't count pants, skirts, dresses, shoes, socks, running shorts...  But anyways, I counted:  134.  Hmmm.

So I guess I lied when I said I keep a "lean-and-mean" closet.  But that being said, I decided to get rid of a few things today.  And only 2 items came from the hanging half of the closet that I counted to be 134...so I didn't make much of a dent in that number:


Two pairs of khakis (I have an abundance from my Target days), some navy pants I got in New York a really long time, a Rice MBA polo that I'VE NEVER WORN, and my comfy ugly sweater (which my mom tried to get me to get rid of a few years ago, but at the time I would always wear this for late night studying - ie everyday).

No comments: