Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Late nights and emotions

Well over the past few days I have been thinking a lot. I witnessed to a guy last night that I have met through mutual friends. He is agnostic at most and doesn't believe or understand the bible. He doesn't understand life's purpose. It was a great conversation about the fundamental questions of life. I tried to lead him in an understanding of God's foremost goal in himself which is to glorify himself. He has a typical perspective of God being an angry kid with a magnifying glass over an ant hill. I tried to tell him that he does in fact have a soul and I believe that God is knawing at his heart in order to lead him to God's truth. I know that there is nothing I have to offer him other than love and understanding that I have through God's revelation of truth to me. I told him I thought he was in a good position in order to seek out the truth that I told him God wants him to know. Other than that would like for you all to pray for him and me.

I am really struggling with a loneliness that is different from what I have experienced in the past. It has nothing to do with being around other people. But, it is a loneliness of not having friends who have the same filter. By filter I mean the way that people view Christianity and God. I really hope I find a wife and find her soon. I only pray that God will prepare me and give me patience.

I am desperately longing for an intimate relationship with God not just communion but a real working relationship that isn't just what I do - basically I desire a two way relationship and not just a one way. I know that God is speaking to me and has something in store for me I just don't know what it is. I honestly desire to please him but have trouble looking past my own sin.

I really miss fayetteville and my friends that know me well. But, I know my purpose is to be here and so I am content in knowing that. I think I have been missing a love that God longs to show me and work out through me. I don't know how to let him in to my heart. I pray and pray but not as much as I should. I want to "tap" into what I think I'm missing but don't know how.

Please pray for me.

No comments: