Friday, September 09, 2005

Sarah Mclachlan Is amazing

I don't know why I never got into her. I just bought "mirror ball" off of itunes and matt (brouwer) let me borrow his dvd of mirror ball - her husband/drummer is amazing - he is my new inspiration for practice, style, and groove. I am gettting to play a lot more music now. It has been a good few weeks. This weekend I am playing today and tomorrow with Matt Brouwer and then leading worship on Sunday with him. I am also sitting in for a band called "spoken for" - I am also getting some gigs with this guy named Justin Johnston - he is really talented. And then I am also getting to play with another worship leader I met named John Cordes from Katy. I am still hoping to get to play with Lauren James she has some great material and a lot of potential to do something amazing so I am hoping that I might get an audition. I talked to her guitar player the other day (david howard) and he had said that she had metioned something so we'll see.......

I am playing a lot more now - but it's amazing to me - i don't seem to have much money. Go figure.

I hope everyone is well.

1 comment:

shauna said...

hey there!

i LOVE Sarah!!!!! she is the bomb!!

we miss you here. don't know if you heard, but there have been auditions for another drummer . . . Derrick moving away . . .