Monday, August 08, 2005

Opportunities

Many of you who know me also know that one of my biggest interests/dreams/desires has been to play with an artist on the road as a paid musician/drummer. It turns out that I have a legitimate chance at that very thing. The artist is a young girl from Houston named Lauren James - I am probably speaking way too soon so I will also add that it probably won't happen - but you never know - anything could come up. Anyways the guy who has been playing bass with me (Jacob Lisenbe) is going to be playing bass for Lauren on her upcoming tour. To make a long story short - he has told her about me and Jacob's brother who is scheduled to play with her for her overseas dates in Germany and South africa will not be doing the tour with her. So - I might get to do it. I am really anxious and excited - so please pray that Gods will would be worked out. And also pray that I would be patient and totally accepting of the whatever the Lord chooses to put before me.

If you want to check her music out you can listen to it at www.myspace.com/laurenjamesmusic

2 comments:

Chris and Carrie said...

Well, if anyone deserves it more, I don't know who it would be. I pray right now Jay, that God would give you the desire of your heart. Remember to first seek the kingdom, because that is where our true joy in life resides, and God, in His infinite goodness will grant you your heart's desire. Just remember, you may not always know what that desire is. God is funny like that. Just pay attention to what He is showing you. You'll be just fine.
Chris

David said...

You're going to be on stage with Crowder or Tomlin someday dude... I just know it!