Sunday, August 21, 2005

Thoughts on being a musician and SINGLE in a place where girls my age and SINGLE - DO NOT ABOUND!!

So - I have always known that there was a big difference between being a musician and being "oh you mean that guy that plays sometimes at whatever" - even if people think you are good. This is not something revolutionary or new at all. Most people would most likely agree. The more I play with other musicians and players - the more I desire to become a more well-rounded musician. It's an obvious benefit to know as much as you can and to be able to do more than just one or two things and do them well. So to make my point without rambling - I desire to become a true musician and not just, "that guy who plays drums at the whatever". But, I think that will prove much harder than I really am ready for.

On another note - I have this anxious feeling. I feel like it is only a matter of time until something comes along for me. But, I think that is the "back part of my brain" trying to convert my subconscious into thinking that my dreams will come true. I also have realized something that is kind of scary and previously discussed I think. I seek fame subconsciously for my own glory. I know that it is wrong and am desiring to change that. So if you feel like praying for me - that would be a good area of concern.

OK - so I'm single. I've been single for about the past two years. Most of you who know me well - also know that it has been hard to get over my "first love", which is a completely different post - that has already been discussed.

I would just like to say that - Single women from the ages of 20-24 DO NOT ABOUND in The woodlands Texas. Basically if they are in that age bracket and follow Christ - I already know them.

A long story short - I am praying for a wife and I can't find her. And for all of you people who are married - please don't give me the "she will come at the right time and God will reveal her to you" - I ALREADY KNOW THAT - I'm just impatient or better yet - I'm a GUY.

I know that patience is a virtue and a fruit of the spirit more importantly and that good things come to those who wait and I agree blah, blah, blah, blah - where the heck is she??? I passed my prime a couple of years ago and unless I find the miracle drug that makes me really attractive I'm gonna be in a lot of trouble.

Basically my faith in God's timing is being put to the test - I am praying for my unbelief and my lack of faith. Please pray for that also.

so - SHAUNA - b4 you post about how it will be perfect when God introduces to her (if I am to be married anyways and most importantly) - I just need you to tell me that you and STU will pray for me!!! (if you can't tell by my typing - that section was supposed to be funny)- I love both of you guys and thanks for responding to a lot of my posts.

If you could ask God for one thing - what would it be? ( i asked my father this question when I was about 14 or so)

3 comments:

Brett said...

The one thing you said that is absolutely true:

You ARE past your prime. Seems to me that you peaked at about 17.

You know I'm kidding, right?

I'm praying for you.

shauna said...

haha.

dude, i've been looking for her for you as well!

WHERE THE HECK IS SHE?? when we do find her, we will have a stern talk with her about how hard it was to find her!

BTW - I was way in love with Stu before he ever was. it took him FORRRRRRRRRRRREVER to fall in love with me!!!! (giving you a hard time Stu . . . it's true though . . .)

shauna said...

oh, and YES we will pray for you too!!!