Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Apartments - Ugh

I have literally called our apartment office over 20 times, requested online service, and asked to speak to a manager on four different occasions about our A/C.

Last night was like the 10th night Linz and I have spent sweating in our 85 degree apartment. I am so pissed to say the least. For a long time the A/C unit would leak horribly and before that it didn't work at all when it would break. For the last six months however it will run and stay on, but without cooling. So imagine this: You get up and go to work at 8am and come home to find your unit has been running all day long without cooling. We have had electric bills over $270 in a month for a one bedroom 850 sq. ft. apartment - and obviously when I would notice it wasn't cooling I would turn it off and not just let it run. On five different ocassions it occured while Linz and I were gone for more than a day.

I am talking to a manager today and asking for some kind of a rebate towards next months rent. This is bull shit. What do you think?

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I think you should move back to Little Rock where we have seasons. It's about 50 here today. No need for A/C.

LaurenMZ said...

Look on the bright side ... maybe you're getting even more of a workout every day from the sweat! Seriously though, you should ask for a refund or a reduction on your rent if you've requested and haven't fixed it.