Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Top Ten

I've been traveling quite a bit lately...you know that whole silly "find a job" thing. There are certain men in my life (ie Jay and my dad) who are very particular travelers and have little patience for those amateurs who slow them down in the airport. [Sidenote: They would have been so disappointed in me because I actually walked through the metal detector with my cell phone in my pocket on Sunday.] But there really are many annoying things about getting on a plane.

Top ten worse things about flying:
  1. Getting to the airport too early - unlike Jay, I'd rather get to the gate right as I should be getting on the plane
  2. Airplane smell - second only to charter bus smell
  3. Inefficiencies in the security line - People who don't take their shoes off, don't take thier laptops out of their bags, don't know the liquid rules, etc. and hold up the line
  4. Having to go to the bathroom on the plane when you're in the window seat
  5. Being in the middle seat - there's nowhere to put your head for sleeping (I'm a big plane sleeper)
  6. People you sit next to who talk the whole flight - I'm not there to make friends-I'm there to sleep
  7. People who carry all their luggage on the plane - the ones who wheel around their over-the-shoulder bags on top of their rolly bags and usually have another purse or brief case in tow...they take forever in the aisles and take too much overhead bin space
  8. Turbulence - logically, it makes no sense that a really heavy metal object should get up in the air just by going fast enough and then stay up there - turbulence reminds me of this
  9. Paying $15 for a checked bag - not because I have to pay but because it encourages more of #7
  10. Bad selection of airport food and beverage - seriously, what kind of airport doesn't have a Starbuck's?

4 comments:

LaurenMZ said...

Sadly, many airports don't have Starbucks. It must be tough with you, what with half of what's running through your veins being no-water chai latte.

giga said...

Dad says - I feel your pain. I agree with your top tens. I (mom) look forward to a time when dad is not such the expert on airports. A little leisure travel with me might just make him numb.

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Kat said...

First of all, no one ever told me about this blog. Thanks guys.

Second, you are funny, and right. Especially about the large piece of metal flying through the air. How weird are planes when you really think about it?!?