Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Domestic Disturbance and Me


Interesting/Crazy story.
Tonight: Left house around 11:00 to meet my friend for a late movie. On my way a young girl steps out into the street waving her arms. My first thought was that she was joking, drunk, being stupid, etc. But, as I got closer I could see there was something wrong. I pulled over and rolled down the window. As she approached a young guy/boy came up behind her and tried to block her from talking to me. She said that this guy used to be her boyfriend and that he wouldn't leave her alone. She was a little hysterical and crying. She had a bike and wanted to ride home. I didn't know how serious it was and the boy was a little standoffish to me even though he was being loud and physical with her. When I would talk to her he would back away. He started to get more physical with her - pushing and grabbing pretty forcefully - which was pissing me off. I was worried so I told her to get on her bike and that I would follow her home. Selfishly I did this to protect myself first - I needed to asess the situation. 

After she was on the bike for a bout 700 or so yards - I decided to pull over so I could put her bike in the back and drive her home. As I was pulling up the tailgate when I saw the young guy approaching on his little ghetto looking bike. This time it was more serious. She had not entered my car yet and so I walked over to the passenger side to let her in. The boy was yelling at her not to get in my car. After I put her in - I began to walk back to the driver side - I assumed she locked the door when she got in but the window was still down. As I walked around to my door he had unlocked the door and pulled her out - this was the point I got angry. All I did was raise my voice. I yelled "hey" which was just enough to get him to leave the girl alone. I walked towards him quickly and thankfully it took his attention off of the girl. I approached him and he pretended to have some sort of knife behind his back. Which of course he didn't grab or take out of a bag. He threatened to stab me. I was %80 sure he didn't have anything, but I didn't want to risk it. Then for some idiotic reason he got his phone out pretending to call the cops on me. (really? you're going to call the cops on me? right after threatening to stab me?) The girl was in the car and he wasn't trying to get her out this time. I got in the car and took her home.

 It's crazy the things you think about though. Honestly, I was looking for something to use as a weapon. Most likely it would have been my tire iron. I really wanted to beat the shit out of this kid. You must be a complete coward to hit women. when I backtracked from taking her home - I went looking for him. Drove around and didn't find him. Lucky for him.

No comments: