Thursday, July 07, 2011

Bon Iver, Bon Iver

A few months ago, Bon Iver released a new album that we just bought called Bon Iver, Bon Iver. It's a good one.

Towers:


Though to me it's not as memorable as his first album that came out in 2008. One of our faves - I listened to it so much I should be embarrassed. Something about this song makes you feel like you should just cry:


This guy is hipster gold because not only is his music kind of this weird, indie thing, but he recorded his first album one winter in his father's cabin in Wisconsin after he left North Carolina to recuperate from his band breaking up and relationship ending. He said: "I left North Carolina and went up there because I didn't know where else to go and I knew that I wanted to be alone and I knew that I wanted to be where it was cold." Gold.

No comments: