Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thank you Internet

The internet has come along way since AOL. The most interesting thing to date has been my ability to talk/connect with musicians and other working professionals in my industry so easily.

A couple of years ago I listened to a record called "Albertine" by Brooke Fraser. The record was great, but the drumming was incredible. I found out who tracked drums on the record and then using facebook of all things I tracked down the drummer. His name is Aaron Sterling. Since then I have had the opportunity and the privilege to correspond with Aaron quite a few times over online messages and then through a series of emails. He was very insightful and willing to give me some of his time and most recently he was nice enough to call me.

We talked about drumming, the industry, changes over the years, working as a drummer, LA, Nashville, etc. etc. He is currently tracking John Mayer's new record in NYC right now. The small connection I've had with him has been a blessing. It's a small thing for him, but a big thing for me.

The internet is amazing.

J

No comments: