Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Africa

I am currently sitting in the Hotel International in Kampala, Uganda. We have the evening off after playing music for a local high-school. We have been teamed up with a group of dancers and preachers to deliver a program of music, dancing, and evangelism to different high-schools through out Kampala.

Being here is such an experience and I don't know if simply typing about observations does it justice. The country is very beautiful and the city has it's moments.

People are everywhere all the time. Driving is crazy - the people seem to be pretty nice all around. Sometimes I feel like strangers hate me, but only sometimes. White people are called Mazungos (muzoongoos). The people at our host home are pretty amazing. Getting to know them and spendimg time with them has been great.

I'll post some pics when I get back - I took Lindsay's nice camera with me and have taken a ton of photos and videos.

I miss linz, but have been fortunate enough to talk to her everyday.

J

No comments: