Monday, January 05, 2009

I'm with "stupid?" Thanks

I want to tell a couple of stories of some recent happenings.

1. Lindsay and I went to Banana Republic to look for clothes to exchange for a gift I received on Christmas. There was a girl with a name tag who "apparently" worked there...... and so naturally I needed to ask her a question about a pair of pants. This was our conversation:

Me: "Excuse me miss - do you know what the difference is between the modern fit and the straight fit dress pants?"

Girl Worker: "Umm.... you know I'm not really sure, but I think it's the way that they fit."

Me: Thanks

2. Out internet through comcast has been giving us a lot of trouble lately. Naturally I call comcast late one night and tell the support "technician" of our internet woes and that for the last month on different occasions when the internet has had a problem - I tunred off my computer, unplugged the modem and reset our router in order to get the internet to work. For the last month that procedure has only worked for a few hours or minutes before failing again.

So I called comcast....

Me: (After all the verification etc. etc.) Hi - I've been having trouble with my internet for the past month and everytime I've had a problem I've unplugged the modem, turned off the computer and reset my router which only allows the internet to reset, but then fails shortly after.

Comcast Technician: Ok..... well here is what I'm going to need you to do...

Me: OK

CCT: I'm going to need you to turn off your modem.

Me: OK

CCT: Next I'm going to need you to turn off your computer.

Me: OK

CCT: Now I'm going to need you to reset your router and I'm going to put you on hold while all of those devices reboot.

Me: OK

CCT: (A few minutes later) Has everything reset?

Me: Yes - just like everytime before.

CCT: OK great - is there anything else I can help you with tonight.

Me: No.... No there isn't..... Thanks

1 comment:

Jared and Kat said...

This is amazing. I am laughing my ass off right now.

"No....No there isn't.....Thanks." Amazing.