Friday, January 30, 2009

Hot, Sweaty Mess

I know I should be nicer to Jay when he's sick...but it's 2 in the morning and he's keeping me up. Not because he's up, but because he's sleeping so hard that he keeps saying really funny things in his sleep.

For instance, he was mumbling about having to cut down a tree or something and then very clearly said, "That REALLY is a good tree" (a la "Law and Order REALLY is a good show"...same tone).

And then he was mumbling something about who knows what and then sat up and said, "I really can't" so clearly and matter-of-factly that I thought he was awake.

And then I touched his arm and realized how hot and sweaty he was.

And then I realized the edge of my pillow that was touching his face was soaking wet either from drool or sweat. Either way, I figured to embrace my awakeness and leave hot, sweaty, mumbling Jay alone in bed...poor guy.

No comments: