Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sky Sailing/Falling




Adam Young released a new record today. Here are my thoughts:

Now doubt Adam is an incredible songwriter and programmer. As a fan/listener I didn't expect something completely different, but I was really disappointed to find too much of the same. I feel like after my first listen I was able to find most of the melodies in the previous record. The melodies were what drew me to the music initially. I think that depending upon the type of music anyone may write or compose it (the music) may still do well regardless of relevance or creative ground breaking abilities simply by the majority audience. So I guess what I'm saying is that maybe simply because the masses want to hear the same thing regurgitated - Adam may very well be relevant. But maybe then as creatives we should redefine what relevant is and or become something different all together. I personally wanted to see another side of his creativity. I guess I just wanted more. Too bad.

No comments: