Tuesday, May 04, 2010

We Do Love Our Projects

I feel like we would have pictures to post of all the house projects we've been working on...but nothing is finished! I just don't know how it happens, but our projects never seem to wrap.

Current projects:
  • Backyard: Jay was out of town one weekend, so I decided to clean off the patio, which led me to search for a use for all these random bricks, which led me to line and clean out a bed (or the remnants of an old bed). This apparently inspired Jay because he spent the next week ripping out EVERYTHING in the backyard. Days and days of ripping. And believe me, it needed ripping. So now it's at least cleaned out...I would put a picture of his handy-work up but can't figure out how to get pictures off my phone...Jay?
  • Guest Bathroom: One of the most dated and icky parts left in our house is the guest bathroom. And people, do you know how expensive those things are to get redone? So my mom and I decided we would just start painting. Painting takes time. And coats. So currently, the walls are (mostly) bright white (because we literally paint everything in our house white or grey), the cabinets are peely yucky off-white, and the floor is ugly. Got a ways to go...but looking better...
  • Furniture (or lack thereof): I finally got around to ordering a dining room table and patio table...back ordered. Thanks for nothing Crate & Barrel.
  • Front Living Room: Here we're making some progress. Jay's parents gave us a piano (!) and record player (as in giant piece of furniture record player - which we painted white because that's what we do)...both dads gave Jay their records so that in a matter of a month Jay went from owning no vinyl to being the envy of his hipster, H&M-loving friends. And so for my birthday, I had Jay help me make display shelves for the records. And tomorrow (hopefully) we're going to get an amazing midcentury modern-ish couch I found on Craigslist (my first Craigslist experience-and I convinced the lady to throw in the matching chair she was selling for $150 for $50)! And hopefully redoing the floors soon...and see what I mean...things just can't reach a finishing point... Just so we all feel better, here is a picture of our finished display shelves (Jay has since swapped out the records so that the coolest are up there):
So pity us (especially Jay since he doesn't really like projects), and hopefully we'll have more finished projects and pictures soon.

2 comments:

momipat said...

You guys are AMAZING! How do you get the energy and work all the time??? Guess that is youth? How are you being able to keep up GK? I'm just tired out reading about it. Love all the projects! Would love to see a pic of the yard. Wish you would have gotten a video of Jay in action. I'm telling you ... the farmer genes are there.... I knew they were!!! PS

giga said...

We do love projects! it is a sign of true love when those around us join in. You guys are doing great.