Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Projects for Abbey

First of all, I should say that most "Lindsay" projects inevitably become "Lindsay and Jay" projects. Second of all, Jay did not nearly capture the horribleness that was the "painting the inside of the cabinets" project...by far the worst project I've ever subjected us to. I kid you not - there were tears.

The inside of the cabinets had never been painted, so they were GROSS and took three coats of paint. We did it section by section spread out over a few weeks. Typically, Jay would clean them out while I was at work and sometimes do the first coat and I would do the next coats after work. He would take over when I was near tears. But look how pretty and clean it looks now:

With this pic and the two collages, I feel you can mentally capture the full awesomeness of the kitchen:


And then last night I decided to steal most of the stuff out of our guest bedroom and swap it with our bedroom. You can't tell that the bedspread which my mother and I got about a month ago has a pattern in it that perfectly reflects the square-ish squiggles in the paintings that Kath designed for us a few years ago - pretty amazing. I also went and bought Jay a pretty lamp tonight and of course have no light bulb for it (it's on the bed to prove he gets a pretty one, too):
I also organized my closet. It's pretty incredible. And Jay cleaned my room out (we have 4 bedrooms so one is ours, one is the guest, one is his studio, and one is my yet-to-be-defined space that had a bunch of boxes until he emptied them all out yesterday).

The crazy thing is that's just our recent projects (painted the laundry room, parents helped us with landscaping, etc) and there are so many left to do!

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Oh, I am seriously feeling the love! Put Lindsay on a kitchen project and it is bound to be AMAZING. I am super impressed Linz, well done (as they say here). Tears when packing, tears when painting, that's just life I guess :) Love the color, can't wait to see it myself, must make a trip while home for Christmas.

Love you, Love you,
AB

PS made me smile to see my name in the post

LaurenMZ said...

I love it Linz! I can't wait to see your house. I can't believe we haven't yet. Thanksgiving!

Robinne said...

nice!