Friday, June 12, 2009

You-Twit-Face - Thanks Conan

"In the year 3000 YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook will merge into one super-time-wasting website called 'You Twit Face'." - Conan O'Brien


In response to my sister's blog about all the new technology out there:
http://tigerlilies-leanne.blogspot.com/

America is obsessed with celebrity.

That's the bottom line. Anyone can be a celebrity with you-tube and everyone wants to live like a celebrity. That's why we have these things - not for "news" or "social networking" - we want people to see and hear us. It's like being on stage - except most everyone isn't doing anything that anyone else wants to know, hear, or see us do. It's just narcissism.

The world would still go on without twitter or facebook. Sure I think newspapers will become extinct - there are easier ways of getting the information. But information from everyone? I don't know if I really want that. The media is the most un-objective it's ever been and it's only getting worse. Do I really want to know Joe-blow's opinions from the CNN wiki? no

John Mayer, Oprah, Michelle Obama, FOX, and CNN. Not the most stellar team of informers out there. I think being connected can serve a purpose - but I don't know if getting "Left Behind" is really what's going to happen to people who don't embrace new technology. Left behind what? The goings on of Miss California? John Mayer's next bimbo date? Oprah? CNN or FOX coverage? Seeing all of those names together makes me cringe. ha

I have and use all of the different mediums you listed: Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, E-blogger, Flickr - Well some of them I don't use very much anymore (myspace/flickr). I even have all those Apps for my phone. But sometimes I just want to throw it in the trash too.

They definitely serve a purpose - I just don't know how important that purpose is. We'll see I guess.

P.S. *you can view this response on my blog and facebook* ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And to go even further, check out

http://Getoutofmyspaceyoutwitspace.com

See who's dumping whom on twitter!