Friday, May 01, 2009

Nashville!

This last weekend I went to Nashville to watch my dad and sister run in the half marathon with the other 30,000 people who run in it - it's huge. Here are the runners nearly done with their 13+ miles:


Hudson skipped along with them for a few hundred feet. I'm sure next year he'll just run the whole thing.


Later that day, Hudson had a soccer game. I skipped out to finish a project for school, but he tells me he's pretty good.

The next day we had Hudson's birthday party (#5) at Glow Galaxy. Here we are after running around like crazy in this glow-in-the-dark place with jumpy things and mini-golf about to re-energize everyone with sugar before sending them home to unsuspecting parents. As you can see, the birthday boy gets a tie-dyed shirt so you can spot him in the glow-in-the-dark:


They really got the candles going on those cupcakes there. Opening presents:


Lucy and I sat in the car for a lot of it doing this:


A girl's gotta sleep. This pretty much sums up the weekend, though - exhausting. Hudson has always been an early riser, so things start early at the Johnson household and don't slow down. What I don't have picture proof of is when he climbed into my lap at dinner (voluntarily). He has never been cuddly (and Lucy's not much better - what's wrong with your uncuddly children, Kath?), but he was just so tired.

Thanks for hosting us in Nashville, Jared and Kath!

2 comments:

giga said...

It was fun being in Nashville with you, Linz. You chronicled the events great - although I think EXHAUSTING needed to be in capital letters. (And to think we didn't even run that silly 13 or so miles.)

LaurenMZ said...

You're a good sleeping baby attendant, Linz.