Monday, September 29, 2008

Tuesday Top Ten

Since being married for a little while now, there are new things I'm learning about Jay, too. Here are 10 things that I like about him:
  1. He laughs out loud at commercials - (and in movies, at TV shows, etc) I remember one of our first dates, he leaned over dying laughing at something in a movie and was so disappointed that I hardly smiled (if anyone has seen "Burn After Reading," I am totally the first guy Frances McDormand goes on a date with - emotionless - and Jay is George Clooney). My emotional antithesis, Jay laughs without fail at certain commercial (ex: Bud Light opera commercial), and I find it quite endearing.
  2. He cleans the bathroom (including the hair out of the drain)
  3. He is quick to apologize
  4. He is concerned for my office plant and my lack of watering it - If you think about it, it's good to know that the person who will some day be the father of your children has an accute concern for life and sustaining it.
  5. He willingly does dishes
  6. He has good taste in shoes - I've always thought so. And this can be so telling for guys: Is he fun/does he have a sense of humor? Does he clean up nicely? Is he stylish? Is he active? Does he take himself too seriously/can he be laid-back? (See what I mean?)
  7. He's got a lot of determination
  8. He is very creative - One of my favorite things is when I come home from school and he randomly composed a song that day.
  9. When he uses the shaker while playing drums with the other hand and sometimes hits the cymbal with the shaker, yeah, that's for me - When we were dating (so probably about 2 years ago), I went with him when he was playing somewhere. I told him I liked when he used the shaker in one hand while playing with a drumstick in the other hand - it was very tricky. He told me that could be for me. He probably doesn't remember saying it, but I always think "that's for me" when I see him do it.
  10. He makes me laugh

See, I can blog... But he's right - I'm really not a picture-taker.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life and love is so wonderful discovering each other. I love to hear (read!) you talk about each other. It is so wonderful. GEEEEEEE......aha from MOM

Anonymous said...

PS. You are both such great writers!!! I'm so proud Mom

Anonymous said...

PSS. I'm currently trying to get you know who to come read your blogs...however....he is a little too involved with his new TV toys!!! A super buy:)!

Anonymous said...

9:55 p.m. OK...he read it and loved it, but is too tired from watching his TV to comment. Actually we are loving listening to music. Right now we are listening to the HD Country Western classics....I even have the back speakers turned up!!! HA!!!God is good!!! Uncle Dick said today Wall Street is just another 4 letter word!! MOM

Anonymous said...

PPSS. My favorite Tuesday Top-10 is #4. :)

LaurenMZ said...

You two are so cute ...