Thursday, February 09, 2006

Where are you Grove?

Well - after being here for about nine months it is official.

The Grove Church is amazing and I miss it a lot.

As I was roaming my itunes as I usually do at some point during each week, I thought to myself; "I wonder what the Grove church is up to." And so, I went to the Grove's website to see what was going on and to my amazement - I discovered that the Grove is podcasting!!!! So, you guys should let Kent know that I am listening to his talks online and that I wouldn't have made fun of him about his gap shirt still having the sticker attached to it - back on the 2ncd of January.

I really miss all of you guys a lot. I miss my community group - Someone tell Roger that he is great and I want to see him soon. Jason Miller and I will be getting together for a conference during April in Waco so that will be cool.

As far as music goes - I am playing for Matt Brouwer and Bruce Clinton on Sunday mornings. I'm doing a little bit of recording for a few other people. I have gotten to play with some really great players down here and as I wrote up my resume I realized how lucky I have been.

For instance:

Bass players I have played with:(if you haven't heard of these bands then go check them out!)

1. Jacob Lisenbe - Currently touring with Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman
2. Russell Wedelich - matt brouwer
3. Ryan Owens - Robbie Seay Band
4. James Colvin - Inhabited
5. Travis Brockway - Waterdeep

By the way - none of these guys hold anything to CHRIS TUCKER

Basically - these guys are really really good - I am so lucky

Go say hello to Jacob when they play in Fayetteville this weekend the 12th - he and I were planning to get an apartment together. He will be playing bass for tomlin and redman.

Lata

6 comments:

Brett said...

Hey, we miss you too! Sorry I haven't called you back yet, the past few days have been nuts...

Shelly said...

Hey - it's good to get an update! That is quite a resume, you really are blessed to be right where you are; however, as Brett said, we do miss you up here. Come visit some time!

Jaime said...

hey...is james colvin from springdale? i think i had a student by that name... jason's looking forward to spending time with you & b-wac.

Jay said...

I dont think that james colvin is from springdale - As a matter of fact - i think i know another james colvin

he's 24 and from houston

*g* said...

hang in there.

jlo said...

Miss you Jay. I hope the spring time weather in Houston is treating you well.